Skip to main content
Are you looking for ways to give your immune system a boost? 

Give this nutrient-packed soup a try. This soup has plenty of antioxidants and tastes fantastic. 

What you need:

  • 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil. 
  • 1 large or medium yellow onion chopped
  • 3 garlic clove chopped
  • 1 teaspoon ginger root minced
  • 5 medium-large size carrots cut into 2" chunks
  • 1.5 teaspoons ground turmeric
  • 2-3 cups vegetable broth ( add more if needed for consistency
  • 2 small oranges juiced
  • Black pepper salt to taste

Put it together:



  • In a large soup pot, warm the oil. Add onion and garlic, stirring, until the carrots are soft and onions are translucent.
  • Add broth and ginger and stir to combine all ingredients.
  • lower the heat to medium-low add broth and orange juice. ( The juice is optional if you don't have any on hand.
  • Cover and simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes.
  • Add black pepper and salt to taste.
  • Add to a blender, puree the soup until smooth.
  • If needed, add extra broth or liquid to reach the consistency you like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eat Clean Meal Plan So many people ask me if I truly live the life that I do or am I just writing this stuff all down and then doing my own thing!  I SWEAR TO YOU THAT THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!  You can ask anyone close to me about it!  Every Sunday, I spend some time planning out my meals and making sure that I know exactly what I need at the grocery store for the week.  Then, I hit up the grocery store and do a little shopping, with my list of course! Here is what I have planned for the week!  I thought I would share my meal plan with you so you have a template to go by! Monday: 5:30 am  Energy and Endurance  drink then  Base +Back and Ab Ripper 7:30 am:  1/2 cup rolled oats, little bit of water, microwave, then add 2 cupped handfuls of blueberries, 1 tbsp flaxseed and wheat germ, 1/2 cup almond milk with 1 scoop protein powder mix and pour on top. Black Coffee and Water 10:00 am:  1 apple 14 unsalted almonds and water...
Minestrone Soup Minestrone Soup, Clean Style Here is a great clean eating spin on a classic soup! The recipe didn't call for chicken but I cooked some chicken breast and cut it up into chunks and threw it in the soup for a complete meal. Ingredients: 1 large onion, diced 2 tbsp olive oil 4 garlic cloves, minced 2 ribs celery diced (1/2 cup) 1 large carrot, peeled and diced 1 medium zucchini (about 8 oz), diced 1 tsp dried oregano 1 tsp dried basil 1tsp salt 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or low sodium chicken broth (48oz) 1 28 oz can no salt added diced tomatoes 1 15 oz can no salt added crushed tomatoes 1 15 oz can low sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 1/2 cup whole grain elbow pasta 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley leaves Instructions: In a large soup pot over medium-high heat cook and stir onion in hot oil 3 minutes or until translucent.  Add garlic; cook for 30 se...