Are you looking for ways to give your immune system a boost?
Give this nutrient-packed soup a try. This soup has plenty of antioxidants and tastes fantastic.
What you need:
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 large or medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic clove chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger root minced
- 5 medium-large size carrots cut into 2" chunks
- 1.5 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth ( add more if needed for consistency
- 2 small oranges juiced
- Black pepper salt to taste
Put it together:
- In a large soup pot, warm the oil. Add onion and garlic, stirring, until the carrots are soft and onions are translucent.
- Add broth and ginger and stir to combine all ingredients.
- lower the heat to medium-low add broth and orange juice. ( The juice is optional if you don't have any on hand.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add to a blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- If needed, add extra broth or liquid to reach the consistency you like.